- BECCA Cosmetics Velvet Blurring Primer in Apricot Haze
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation in 310
- Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Concealer in 310
- Fenty Beauty Instant Retouch Setting Powder in Honey
- E.L.F. Cosmetics Eyebrow Kit in Dark
- Black Radiance Precision Brow Sculptor in Black
- Juvia's Place Saharan Vol. II Blush Palette (I used Bee)
- Juvia's Place The Nubian Eyeshadow Palette
- Cargo Cosmetics Picture Perfect Highlighter in Bronze
- E.L.F Cosmetics Shadow Lock Eye Primer in Sheer
- Milani Cosmetics Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara in Big Is The New Black
- Kiss Lash Couture Faux Mink Lashes in Boudoir
- Fenty Beauty Mattemoiselle Plush Matte Lipstick in Ma'Damn
- Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray (Naked Cherry Collection)
As I have made very clear, I am a massive fan of Fenty Beauty products. Not only is every products I have tried amazing, but I love how empowering Rhianna is with the brand and how committed she is to being inclusive for all skin tones. I feel head over heels in love with the Pro Filt'r Foundation a couple of months ago and once I saw the announcement that there were going to be concealers and setting powders I was incredibly excited! I had been holding onto a few Sephora gift cards and I finally pulled the plug on Monday and bought both the concealer and setting powder.
First of all, the concealer. Y'all. It is just so good. I have always had dark circles under my eyes basically my whole life. No matter how much sleep I get, I have dark circles no matter what I do. I have tried every color corrector, every concealer, and everything just creased or didn't match up well with my skin tone or had a formula I didn't like. From the moment I put it on, this concealer was just so creamy and felt satiny and smooth. I was amazed before I even started blending. I knew after I blended that once I paired it with my Fenty foundation that it would be a perfect match. I went with my foundation shade (310) and that was a good call for me. I didn't want to go too light because I don't personally love a super bright highlight under my eyes.
Then came the setting powder! Once again, it went on satiny smooth, and it gave my look the most flawless, matte finish. I didn't need to use much at all, and it melted into my face. I look so poreless! I can sometimes be a little dry in the winter (like a lot of folks) so I was wondering how well this would all work, but it didn't make me look dry and it didn't cake on at all. I know some folks might be worried about trying a matte foundation but I find if I am well exfoliated and moisturized before hand and use a wet blending sponge to put it on, it comes out beautiful.
I decided to do a full on glam look, with lashes (my first time really trying out lashes for more than a few moments, too!), a bold red lip, and plenty of black eyeliner. The Milani liner that I used was another new purchase and I absolutely love it. It is the first black liner that I was able to actually do a decent wing with (this was the first time I got it to where I didn't look like i have a black eye), and I have done it for a couple of days now with even better results. It stays put and is easy for me to manage.
I am so pleased with how this look turned out! I am enjoying sharing what I am learning about with make-up, and showing that anyone can learn create strong looks. I have always loved make-up but I didn't really start getting deeper into it until a few months ago. I feel like I have learned so much in such a short period of time and it has quickly become a passion of mine that I am loving sharing with others.